Thursday 15 November 2007

you'll be a man my son

There are moments in a young man's life that are defining. These may or may not tally with the moments that his parents hold on to as defining ones but I hope that when my boy looks back he'll identify his first curry house ruby as one that stands out. This is the moment that he tucked in. The boy who claimed not to like curry only a few months ago is now keen to repeat the experience. It won't be long before he's travelling the path towards 'ring of fire' as he orders ever hotter dishes in order to impress his mates or some bonnie northern lass. I remember my first curry. It was in the Star of India in Sawbridgeworth. I think I was a little awestruck by the coloured lights and tasteful water feature in the centre of the room cos I mistook the hot flannels as some kind of free exotic dessert.

No comments:

Birthday challenge #2

Joe Game Joe's birthday Game Use the arrow keys to 'catch' blocks with the letters (or ...