Sunday 23 August 2009

Camping in Wales

Spent a few days in Wales with the boy. Highlight for me was the mini 'survival' afternoon. Weird, beardy bloke made us eat mushrooms and grass then got us to build a shelter. I was very proud of this even though the building was done mostly by the boy as I found myself collecting and foraging. Photo doesn't really do it justice- I reckon it would have kept most of the rain off us.


The problem was the midges. This is my arms. That wasn't the worst place they bit me either.Another highlight was the slate slag heaps and the slate mine. Seeing how those blokes worked was salutary to say the least. We are top of the league!


No comments:

Birthday challenge #2

Joe Game Joe's birthday Game Use the arrow keys to 'catch' blocks with the letters (or ...