Saturday 23 February 2008

Carling Cup final tomorrow

My ticket is in the upper teir in one of the last rows. I think I may have to take a small tv with me in order to see what's going on. Felt very confident all week but now (without wanting to jinx anything) I'm feeling very anxious. There are more important things of course but a little relief and a lot of bragging rights would cheer up a lot of people. After all it's only fair considering all the success Chelski have had in recent years. My son will be watching with his Chelski supporting great grandad and my girl will be at home while her Chelski supporting brother goes to the game. None of this is right. We should all be there. At least if t doesn't go Spurs way we'd be able to avoid the immediate gloating aftermath though. If my son has to suffer my grandad chanting 'Who are ya?' in his face one more time I'm sure he'll be permanently scarred.

When Spurs lost the League Cup (Milk Cup as it was then) in '82 a sizeable proportion of the Spurs crowd chanted 'Stick your milk cup up your arse!' at the end like they didn't care. That sort of thing makes us like Les Arses so I hope we can be gracious in both victory or defeat tomorrow.

No comments:

Birthday challenge #2

Joe Game Joe's birthday Game Use the arrow keys to 'catch' blocks with the letters (or ...