Tuesday 1 April 2008

Fool

I wonder whether anyone has really thought balancing a bucket of water on a door was a good idea for a joke. I tried to get the boy this morning by weighing down his bag but I went OTT and he sussed it before he'd got out of the door. Apparently his class fooled some kid into going to the wrong maths class. Maybe Spurs were just having a bit of a laugh at their supporters' expense when they sent out grannies in place of the real players against Newcastle on Sunday. I wouldn't have noticed except the fake Berbatov's giant bloomers were flashed when she went up for a near post header and I'm convinced the replacement Robinson had a stick and very dark glasses. He may as well have done for all the effort s/he put into trying to save their shots. Plus there was a distinct smell of wee pervading the ground throughout. Though I was right next to the Geordies. All credit to them: they outplayed us and outsung us (albeit in a language I didn't understand).

There's an interesting bit about the origins of April Fools day here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools as well as some well collated examples of national and media hoaxes and tricks. They seem to suggest that people can be so stupid but why shouldn't you believe the guy on Radio 4 when he says that the theme of the Archers is changing to an upbeat disco tune? It's just what the bloody show needs.

I'm supposed to be collating material for some work I have to do. I'm going to be in trouble if I write loads. Just felt the need to write a few poorly constructed sentences before bed.

No comments:

Birthday challenge #2

Joe Game Joe's birthday Game Use the arrow keys to 'catch' blocks with the letters (or ...