Thursday 14 May 2009

A better class of vandal


I went for a walk up Stoodley Pike the other day. As I huffed and puffed my way up the hill that just got higher and steeper, trudging through the boggy, sheep-shite laden heather and peat I realised why it had been 2 years since I'd been there. I mentioned its history before (see here)and how impressed I was with the graffiti. I didn't notice this bit last time though so the second weekend stroll/ death march was worth it I guess. If you can't read it in the photo it says: Miss B Cowan July 1930. I just love the primness of it. There's even a full stop carved into the rock after Miss Cowan's initial. There's evidence that education standards were higher in those days. I wonder if she's still alive.


No comments:

Birthday challenge #2

Joe Game Joe's birthday Game Use the arrow keys to 'catch' blocks with the letters (or ...