Thursday 17 September 2009

The new 20

A certain person I know turns 30 this weekend. What I'd give to be turning 30. Instead all I hear is all the 'I'm so old; I don't want to celebrate' nonsense. All this in front of people who are older by a lot or an incredible amount. Speaking as a crotchety old bastard I can, hand on heart, state that 30 is at least the new 20 if not the new 10 (judging by the way a lot of people that age behave). One thing though: she's not alone.

This question http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061114080859AAGseI9
and many of the ensuing responses made me laugh, wince and sneer in equal measure. My response would have been ' act your age and get a life- there are a lot of things you should no doubt be grateful for and a lot of things we'd be better off being depressed about'. Since the question was posed 3 years ago, my response now would be 'Ha! you're 33'.
Of course I'd not say that to the certain person because value my life too. some 30 something stories

G B Shaw said "If at age 20 you are not a Communist then you have no heart. If at age 30 you are not a Capitalist then you have no brains." Depressing thought unless, like me, you're happy being brainless.

So, whether it's welcome or not, Happy Birthday Sweet Heart!

No comments:

Birthday challenge #2

Joe Game Joe's birthday Game Use the arrow keys to 'catch' blocks with the letters (or ...