Saturday 27 October 2007

Sticking my neck out

Since Monday I have seen Spurs lose twice and lose their manager, assistant manager and goalkeeping coach. The first of these defeats was in Newcastle- a long way to go to see such a poor performance (even when you live in Yorkshire) and the second was Spurs' only second defeat ever in European football at home ever. Tomorrow we play Blackburn who are on the crest of a wave. We have no manager. We have dissent in the dressing room. Our star player, Dimitar Toysoutofpramov, is stropping around like a prima ballerina whose changing room was decorated with the wrong type of lillies. BUT... I refuse to believe that I am about to see them lose three times within the space of a week. We will win.

p.s. this kind of blind optimism makes disappointments all the more intense. I do know that. I am trying to encourage my boy to be more pragmatic so he can avoid some of the pain!

No comments:

Birthday challenge #2

Joe Game Joe's birthday Game Use the arrow keys to 'catch' blocks with the letters (or ...