Friday 25 January 2008

Lamp

When I was kid my grandparents used to live near Epping in Essex. On the way through we'd pass a lighting shop that would leave all the lights on at night. I thought that it looked like the most magical place and always wanted to visit. These days kids plead with their parents to go to Disneyland; I aspired to multiple bulbs. When lava/ bubble lamps came back in that retro chic way that a lot of 70s stuff has been doing for the last 10 years or so I got one asap. I still love stuff like that. I also remember seeing a fibre optic lamp in a friend's house some time in the mid 70s. After oohing and aaahing a lot we were told to leave the furry strands alone as the thing had cost the Earth. Finally I own one. Well my son does. I put it in his stocking. I got it in the 99p store.

No comments:

Birthday challenge #2

Joe Game Joe's birthday Game Use the arrow keys to 'catch' blocks with the letters (or ...