Wednesday 26 November 2008

In 12 days

I sometimes wonder (like most people I guess) whether I'm making the most of my life. I often reach the conclusion that there's so much more I could be doing, espcially when I have one of those evening where I flick channels on the TV from one crappy American programme to another. I haven't been able to post these last 12 days because I have moved house and switching on a phone line that was previously active apparently takes 2 weeks and 6o quid's worth of effort.



When I look back at the last 12 days I can't believe what I have done. Now I wonder how I ever manage to even think about being idle let alone actually being idle. In addition to the usual stuff like work and eating food and cleaning things I have managed to squeeze in the following:

  • moved house- with help of friends but all in the car
  • all that annoying address change stuff with gas, electric
  • bought a fridge, picked it up and installed it
  • bought a tv and other unnecessary electronic gadgets, unpacked them, drowned in packaging and then wasted hours playing games and watching movies
  • watched Spurs lose to Fulham then beat Blackburn
  • spent day in Manchester at a deaf awareness conference
  • had my girl stay over and best mate spent a few days (being ill mostly)
  • did stuff with the boy (though this mostly overlapped with playing games and watching movies)
  • assembled furniture and the like
  • broke a few things to make new place look more like all my old places

So, when all's said and done, my life is at least full if not always fulfilling

No comments:

Birthday challenge #2

Joe Game Joe's birthday Game Use the arrow keys to 'catch' blocks with the letters (or ...