Sunday 25 May 2008

Fish skeleton

Barring global thermo nuclear war or total collapse of the world economy (neither of which are that unlikely I guess) I am never likely to commune with nature to the point that I am obliged to hunt and prepare the food that I eat. Mr Tesco does more than an adequate job of that thank you very much. But I did buy some mackerel the other day that actually still looked like what it did when it was alive. Except it didn't have a head. I cooked it and on opening it I was actually shocked to find it had a skeleton inside. My fish fingers never had mini fish phalanges or carp carpels. I had experienced bones of course but these were arranged randomly and discretely so as to inflict damage on all those eating with knives and forks rather than tweezers and scalpel. At my age I realise that this is probably a bit embarrassing but I still wanted to share my surprise. I even took a photo of it as a memento. The fish was nice.

No comments:

Birthday challenge #2

Joe Game Joe's birthday Game Use the arrow keys to 'catch' blocks with the letters (or ...