Monday 5 May 2008

Far out

I had intended spending the whole weekend at home working. Thank God I didn't. If I had I'd have missed the festival in Bishop's Stortford. (I know that sounds sarky but I had a brilliant day yesterday). In the old days I'd have been happy stomping through mud amongst thousands of people at bigger festivals. That's not me any more. The lower key but still impressive folky, jazzy, bluesy, other stuff-y two day event was just right for chatting, chilling and laughing. You could even listen to music if you wanted. There was some good blues and the folk band you can hear in this clip almost made me jig about in an ungainly fashion.

I was surprised at the number of (apparent) hippies in this middle England town. I'm guessing that all the solicitors, teachers and the like have one hemp jumper at the back of the wardrobe and one set of beads that they can fling on for such an event. Or maybe I'm being cynical. Perhaps I should open my eyes more on normal days and see the real people man. See them for what they are; not what the world wants them to be. Yeah.

Anyhow, the people that organised it (whoever they may be) must surely be young, trendy, finger on the pulse types to pull something like this off in what I always considered to be a bit of town for squares. We are proud of you.

No comments:

Birthday challenge #2

Joe Game Joe's birthday Game Use the arrow keys to 'catch' blocks with the letters (or ...