Tuesday 17 April 2007

Imprimatur

A bloke e mailed me at work today to ask me if I'd posted him something. I said I hadn't and I wouldn't post it: I'd just e mail it to him when it's done. He emailed back to say that I shouldn't post it because he sometimes doesn't get post and he wouldn't want anyone else reading it. I said I had no intention of posting it. He thanked me but included his full home address and a request to send it there instead ("just in case"). It was at this point that I knew I could just walk away... but I didn't. " I have nearly done it. Let me get it finished and I'll e mail it this afternoon. It would have been done but people keep e mailing me" I also added a "!!" to make sure he understood that although I was ribbing him, it was meant in a lighthearted way and I accepted that it wasn't really funny, it was just one of those things you do to stop yourself from saying what you truly feel. " Shall I come and get it? I could be there by 4." Maybe he resented my cavalier use of a double exclamation mark as a replacement for gesture and intonation ;-) Maybe he's got a lot on with people bugging him with inane e mails. Or maybe he's just a twat.

No comments:

Birthday challenge #2

Joe Game Joe's birthday Game Use the arrow keys to 'catch' blocks with the letters (or ...