Sunday 19 August 2007

Schadenfreude

There's something about misfortune of certain football clubs that can make even the most generous spirited of person smirk. I am not one of those generous spirits so this view in an otherwise modern and vibrant Leeds city centre made me laugh out loud. In my mind, the forlorn woman in front of the shop just wanders up and down pretending to herself that the once mighty Leeds are still in the top flight. I have zero sympathy with them or their supporters I'm afraid. I shouldn't lump them all together but the racism of Leeds fans and the racist violence of players on and off the pitch in the not too distant past makes me appreciate the apparent karmic consequences. They're only on minus 9 points now in league one. If things continue to go so well, they could be challenging for the Premiership title again in 8-10 years.

No comments:

Birthday challenge #2

Joe Game Joe's birthday Game Use the arrow keys to 'catch' blocks with the letters (or ...